Rant of The Day: Sister's Award for Academic Excellence

Take a minute to read the above letter we received from my sister's high school. If you're too lazy to read it, let me sum it up. My sister's high school is honoring her academic excellence by charging each member of the family who wants to attend the honorary event $35 (including my sister). My sister remained mum about this but if it was me, I'd be ranting just as I am in this blog. I'd be ranting about how I'm being charged a "fee" to attend my own event to honor the fact that I've placed in the top 10% of my class. Not to mention, they claim to serve snacks and not even a full course meal. Instead of doling out cash to attend their own party, the kids should be given a stipend for their hard work.

I guess the superintendent thinks he's living in a Great Depression rather than a recession.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2008 Lexus IS-F

Rant of The Day: Frigid Northeast Temperatures

Rant of The Day: Social Security